Zachary "Zack" Russell is an ultraendurance athlete living in the high mountains of Breckenridge, Colorado. I began running while a freshman in college after a trail run with some friends over Spring break and could barely keep up. After that the rest is history, I went back to school and devoted myself to running. I began trail running in 2016 while in grad school in Colorado Springs with my first trail race being Pikes Peak ascent. I love competing in all types of endurance events including gravel/mountain bike races, ultrarunning, bikepacking, and cookie eating contests.
I am passionate about helping others achieve their endurance and race goals. I enjoy learning about the entire athlete. Their life, nutrition, family, other hobbies, and what makes them different. I have had the opportunity to enjoy many experiences and have educated myself in multiple aspects related to endurance sports including training, nutrition, and strength training.
I continue to enjoy long adventures in the high alpine of Colorado, summiting 14ers, chasing mountain goats, eating more than enough cookies, and competing in the occasional trail race.
- Marathon training
- Skimo racing
- Backcountry skiing
Education and Certifications
- UESCA ultrarunning coach
- Certified athletic trainer
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist
- Orthopedic injury and evaluation
- Sports nutrition
- 2021 Telluride Mountain Run 40 miles – 2nd overall
- 2021 Leadville Silver Rush 50 miler – 4th overall
- 2021 Devil on the Divide 50k – 1st overall
- 2021 Crested Butte Ultra 53 miler – 3rd overall
- 2020 Indian Creek Fifties 55k – 1st overall
- 2019 Georgia Jewel 35 miler – 1st overall
- 2021 Belgian Waffle Ride San Diego
- 2022 Firecracker 50 mountain bike race
- 2022 Audi Aspen power of four skimo race
- 2022 Wasatch powderkeg skimo race
Supported by Dynafit, Gnarly nutrition, honey stinger, and saltstick